[rules-users] [planner] Looking for testimonials for Drools Planner

Reinis drools at orbit-x.de
Sat Dec 22 09:33:43 EST 2012

Hello Willem, hello folks,

here are some of fun-facts from our current system:

- Planner -
1 planning entity
2 planning variables
15 hard and soft constraint rules

- Size of initial Problem (example) -
20 Projects totaling 5000 man-hours
40 resources totaling in 13,3 man-years of availability
240 intervals á 4 hours per project and resource to be "walked" through

This results in a problem space for this example of 6.9 x 10^4977

- Solving -
hardware: single core server with 4GB total RAM
execution time: 26 minutes (all hard constraints met and solution score
hasn't improved for 100 steps)
used ram: 350 MB - 360MB
used cpu: 50% - 60%
used solution algorithm: simulated annealing and tabu search

I hope this helps.

kind regards
Reinis