[rules-users] limits on number of rules in Guvnor in a package, loaded in knowledge base

Nicolas Héron nicolas.heron.java at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 11:08:55 EST 2012

Hi,
Remember that the memory is only released when java needs some space in the
heap (GC).
On the size, I do not know but more than 10 MB for sure as it takes 2 to 6s
to transport it over the network and it is a 100MB network.
I first started the project on a 32 JVM and always came into memory trouble.
And It was a problem as the customer only had 32 bits JVM which may be your
case also !
I had to convince him and on 2000 Jboss server, Guvnor is the only one in
64 bits JVM !
There may be also a memory leak.
Do you have an official support from Jboss/Redhat ? In your case they shall
help you as they will take time to test your case. If not, I am sorry but
at the end your only realistic solution => 64 bits JVM
cheers
Nicolas