[rules-users] How to the set"drools.dialect.mvel.strict"usingDrools+Spring?

womuji cmregister at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:02:40 EST 2012

Hi,

I need to upgrade from Drools 5.1 to 5.3, but keep the original drl files
intact. So I have to disable the strict mode. I tried all the 3 solutions:
1. -Ddrools.dialect.mvel.strict=false
2. set the property in Spring
3. directly set in Java code

But still getting the error:
[Error: unable to resolve method using strict-mode:
java.lang.Integer.parseInt(java.lang.Object)]
[Near : {... ctualDate"),Integer.parseInt(leaVariables["Var5"]) ....}]

Where my rule is :

rule "my rule"
    ruleflow-group "myGroup"
    no-loop true
    when
        $student : Student()
        $eventGroup : EventGroup()
        $event : Event()
        ArrayList( size >= 1 ) from collect(Event( eventType.id == "xyz")
from $eventGroup.events)
    then

        Event event1 = new Event(new EventType("xyz"));
        refEvent = $event ;

ValidationFunctions.insertEvents(futureEventGroups,calendarManager.getDateOffset(null,$student,ValidationFunctions.nullSafeGet(refEvent,"eventGroup.actualDate"),Integer.parseInt(leaVariables["Var5"])
+ 0 , false, 0)
,{event1});
end

Where leaVariables is type java.util.Map

I'm using Drools 5.3.0.Final and