[rules-users] time loading rules into knowledgebase giving different results when using mvel2-beta6 versus mvel2-drools4 jars

vadlam sreeram.vadlamudi at wellsfargo.com
Sat Feb 11 11:37:12 EST 2012

Hi All,

does anyone have thoughts or advice on using mvel2-2.1.Beta6 jar versus
mvel2-drools4.jar with Drools 5.3.0.Final ?

I see that drools 5.3.0.Final uses mvel2-drools4.jar while 5.3.0.CR1 used
mvel2-2.1.Beta6 jar

any reason why the drools4.jar was adapted for the 5.3.0.Final ?

right now, we have seen performance gains when loading the rules package ,
but we do not know if there are other aspects to this substitution.

The following thread has discussed a similar issue a few months back.

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/Drools-5-2-performance-building-KnowledgeBase-td3239746.html#a3281751