[rules-users] How to get the Fact datatypes from the Guvnor

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 03:33:00 EST 2012

See inline!

On 13 February 2012 06:23, Veera <veera.se at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody help to get the Field type(what datatype it is ).
> I have declared a Facts in Guvnor 5.3 and i can able to retreive all the
> package names & rules names & fact names , now i want to know what is the
> datatype of each fact , i don't know which api to use for this.
>
> Can any body help me pelase...
>
> below code to get the all package names & rules names & fact names...:
> Collection<KnowledgePackage> kpackages =
> _kagent.getKnowledgeBase().getKnowledgePackages();
>
>        for(KnowledgePackage kpackage : kpackages)
>        {
>           for(org.drools.definition.rule.Rule rule1 :kpackage.getRules())
>           {
>                //printing package names & rule names.
>               String packname= rule1.getPackageName();
>               String rulename=rule1.getName();
>               System.out.println("This is : "+packname+" Packages and
> RuleName is " +rulename);
>
>               //printing Fact names..
>                Field[] s=kpackage.getClass().getFields();

Method getClass() is inherited from java.lang.Object and returns the
object's java.lang.Class. Therefore, the Field[] s are the fields of
java.lang.Class().

There is no (stable) way of retrieving the declared fact names from a
KnowledgePackage.

If you are willing to use the *UNSTABLE* API, look at all (!) of

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/Fact-Names-in-a-Model-td3572234.html

-W