[rules-users] Problem deploying 5.3.0 drools server in Tomcat

kenburcham kburcham at greystoneces.com
Mon Feb 13 12:10:01 EST 2012

Hi guys,

  I get this same error.  I'm deploying 5.3 into a newly downloaded tomcat
6.0.35 running jre 1.6.0_24-b07.

  I tried removing the offending jar as Esteban suggested but to no avail.
I also tried running drools 5.4b2 and with that I don't get the jar error,
but instead this is in the log:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
IOException parsing XML document from class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml]; nested exception is
java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml] cannot be opened because it
does not exist
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:349)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.importBeanDefinitionResource(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:174)
	... 52 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml] cannot be opened because it
does not exist
	at
org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getInputStream(ClassPathResource.java:143)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:336)

any ideas?

Thanks!

ken.