[rules-users] Read the rules from Database written by Guvnor

Ken Burcham KBurcham at GreystoneCES.com
Thu Feb 16 12:10:14 EST 2012

In the docs I remember reading that you can setup a local cache for Expert so that in case of an Guvnor instance failure it will read from the cache until the url becomes available.

Ken.

From: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org [mailto:rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of Michael Anstis
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:49 AM
To: Rules Users List
Subject: Re: [rules-users] Read the rules from Database written by Guvnor

It is not directly possible.

Guvnor uses JCR (Jackrabbit or Modeshape).

Whilst these can be configured to persist to a database the schema and content is proprietary and not easily queried. From Jackrabbit's JavaDocs:-
"SimpleDbPersistenceManager is a generic JDBC-based PersistenceManager for Jackrabbit that persists...objects using a simple custom binary serialization format... and a very basic non-normalized database schema (in essence tables with one 'key'  and one 'data' column)."
Other people have asked the same question and I have given suggestions as to how a solution might still be available.

Please search the mailing list and have a dig around.