[rules-users] Does Drools work with Set datatype?

aitchnyu jesvinj at technovia.co.in
Mon Feb 20 02:05:16 EST 2012

I wanted faster (and cleaner) code for intersections and membership checks in
my Drools Planner 5.4 program, so (AFAIK) Set datatype can do it faster.

Can Drools work equally well with Set as with List datatype? I want to use
the `contains` and `memberOf` operations, but I dont care for index access
(set[n])

*Background*: I am developing a timetabling application in Drools Planner.
Each teacher has a list (set!) of periods he may teach. I want to find
intersecting periods between all teachers; so that I can create swap moves.

Drools now has to handle Set datatype instead of List.