[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent custom class loader not working for PKG resources

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 03:53:35 EST 2012

I forgot to mention that you will have to change your code a little bit.
Instead of passing a KnowledgeBuilderConfiguration to the agent, you will
need to add a configuration option to the KnowledgeAgentConfiguration
object your are using:

aconf.setProperty("drools.agent.useKBaseClassLoaderForCompiling", "true");

This way you are telling the agent to use the kbase's internal CL (We may
set this as the default value I think).

If you want to try my fix, this is what you need to do:

- Prerequisites: java 1.5 or grater, maven 3.0.3 or grater and git
1.- $git clone git://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools.git drools  (It will
download all the sources and place them in "drools" directory")
2.- Get the fix from my repo. Fortunately, the fix is just one file:
https://raw.github.com/esteban-aliverti/drools/61c2110df8c55c67ff532491865b3f28f368e8db/drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/agent/impl/KnowledgeAgentImpl.java
3.- Replace the
file /drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/agent/impl/KnowledgeAgentImpl.java
in
your working copy with the file you downloaded in the previous step.
4.- $mvn clean install -DskipTests=true (this will compile everything and
install the generated artifacts in your local maven repo) This could take
some time.
5.- If in your project you are already using maven, then you just need to
update the version of your dependencies to 5.4.0-SNAPSHOT. If you are not
 using maven, then you need to go to your local repo an get the generated
drools-core-5.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and use it.

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com