[rules-users] Drools Planner: Vehicle routing problems

davidglassborow dave at conceptfirst.com
Mon Feb 27 06:07:35 EST 2012

Geoffrey,

> Check your Solution's cloning method.

>If you clone the Visit, you need to make sure that planning variables of
>each cloned Visit are pointing to the new clones and not the original
>Visits.
>See my implementation in TSP.

Sure, my clone method is virtually the same as your TSP one (my whole
project was basically a copy of TSP):

https://github.com/davidglassborow/drools-planner/blob/vehicle_routing/drools-planner-examples/src/main/java/org/drools/planner/examples/tsp/domain/TravelingSalesmanTour.java#L96

and

https://github.com/davidglassborow/drools-planner/blob/vehicle_routing/drools-planner-examples/src/main/java/org/drools/planner/examples/vehiclerouting/domain/VehicleRouter.java#L41

Did you have to make any other changes to make multi TSP work ?  Was it just
a case of adding another domicile, and then removing the return to domicile
cost rule ?

Cheers,
Dave