[rules-users] Doubts about JBPM and Drools versioning rules...

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:34:17 EST 2012

Hi Christiano,

Take a look at the Drools compatibility matrix:

http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Beta1/droolsjbpm-introduction-docs/html_single/index.html#compatibility

    Chapter 4. Drools compatibility matrix

The following table shows the compatibility between different versions
of Drools, jBPM and Guvnor.

*Table 4.1. Compatibility matrix*

Drools 	jBPM 	Guvnor
5.4.0.Beta1 	5.2.0.Final 	5.4.0.Beta1
5.3.0.Final 	5.1.2.Final 	5.3.0.Final
5.3.0.CR1 	5.1.1.Final 	5.3.0.CR1
5.2.1.Final 	5.1.1.Final 	5.2.1.Final
5.2.0.Final 	5.1.0.Final 	5.2.0.Final
5.2.0.CR1 	5.1.0.CR1 	5.2.0.CR1
5.2.0.M2 	5.1.0.M1 	5.2.0.M2

If you combine the versions specified in any/single/row of this table,
they are compatible

Op 02-01-12 15:24, Cristiano Gavião schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I've decided to build my own Knowledge OSGi bundle to be able to test
> the latest things of Drools and JBPM. Now I have some puzzle is in my
> head that I would like someone clarifying me.
>
> Looking at the master branch of the droolsjbpm-parent project, which
> is in version 5.4.0-SNAPSHOT, I could see this in its POM:
>
>> <!-- Internal dependencies -->
>> <drools.version>5.4.0-SNAPSHOT</drools.version>
>> <drools.osgi.version>5.4.0.SNAPSHOT</drools.osgi.version>
>> <drools-planner.version>${drools.version}</drools-planner.version>
>> <jbpm.version>5.2.0.Final</jbpm.version>
>> <jbpm.osgi.version>5.2.0.Final</jbpm.osgi.version>
> and at the master branch of the jbpm project, I could see this in its
> POM:
>> <parent>
>> <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
>> <artifactId>droolsjbpm-parent</artifactId>
>> <version>5.3.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> <!-- relativePath causes out-of-date problems on hudson slaves -->
>> <!--<relativePath>../droolsjbpm-build-bootstrap/pom.xml</relativePath>-->
>> </parent>
>
> and at the master branch of the drools project, in its POM I could see
> this:
>> <parent>
>> <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
>> <artifactId>droolsjbpm-parent</artifactId>
>> <version>5.4.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> <!-- relativePath causes out-of-date problems on hudson slaves -->
>> <!--<relativePath>../droolsjbpm-build-bootstrap/pom.xml</relativePath>-->
>> </parent>
>
> Could someone explain me the choose release cycle and the relationship
> of the these projects: droolsjbpm-parent, drools, jbpm ?
>
> I think that I read once that JBPM 5 runs on top of Drools and that
> both has different release cycles, but shouldn't Jbpm SNAPSHOT, once
> it is a snapshot, *always* use the latest version of droolsjbpm-parent
> and consequently the latest of Drools too ?
>
> regards
>
> Cristiano

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet