[rules-users] Removing Special Characters

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 01:30:14 EST 2012

On 4 January 2012 06:02, Lalitha <v.lalithasri at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Where can I find these syntax of drools? *

The Drools Expert manual contains a documentation of the syntax for the
left hand side. Within eval(), you just use Java syntax, defined in the
Java Language Specification or described in any text book on Java. The same
is true fir the right hand side, which is Java, with a few extensions which
are documented in the Expert manual, too.

> I am trying for uppercase conversion and I used "toUpperCase()" function
> which we can use it in JAVA. But here it is not working.

I suppose you just didn't get the syntax right? To test whether something
is equal without regard for case you might use

   Customer( eval( name.toUpperCase().equals( "SMITH" ) ) )

-W