[rules-users] Could not parse knowledge when using 'not contains' in a quote leading a '!'

Miles Wen miles.wy.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 03:29:45 EST 2012

hi all,
This code could not be parsed correctly:

rule "out"
    when
        Msg(!(set not contains "test"))

I tried a few simple situations and found that when using 'not contains'
operator in a '!' leading quote triggers this problem. If no '!' prefixing
the quote,the program works like a charm...
Is this a bug? I wish that I posted in the right forum(or I would go to
submit an issue?)..

The example above seemed so stupid(you can use a 'contains' operator
instead), but this is the simplest toy example.And this problem would be
looked more important if you want to write some logic like this:

Msg(!(set not contains "test" || !bool && string == "hello"))

So...

Is there anyone who also encountered this problem? I'm using drools 5.3.0
final.
Any help would appreciated.
Thanks!

--