[rules-users] Inserting rules from guvnor into database

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 04:16:02 EST 2012

Guvnor saves rules (source and binary packages) using JCR (Jackrabbit or
Modeshape). There are no hooks for you to save rules elsewhere.

JCR can be configured to persist to a database (this, I believe, is what
Thomas eludes to). The schema is as defined by and created by JCR.

If you want to save rules in your own schema you will need to look into
creating your own external mechanism.

An approach would be to subscribe to Guvnor's RSS feed and, when you
observe a rule is changed, use the REST API to retrieve it and save as you
see fit.

An example (although not for this specific requirement) can be found
here<http://community.jboss.org/wiki/PublishDroolsArtifactsFromAProductionEnvironment>
.

With kind regards,

Mike