[rules-users] Template Key in DSL

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:01:52 EST 2012

You could write a DSLR as
   Set the rate of interest to @{tempvar}
and it should expand into
   $loan.setRateOfInterest( @{tempvar} )

And I think that the DSL expander would ignore the template header,
parameter definition and the start and end template lines.

But I'd hate to debug this rule concoction process.

If you use templates, consider the template as a very-high-level DSL
statement, and forget about the DSL expansion.

IMHO, it's a myth that DSLs enable non-programmers to write anything but
trivial (or very simple) rules.

Thanks for the explanation!
Wolfgang