[rules-users] Drools 5.3 in OSGi

el_eduardo el_eduardo at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 18:51:54 EST 2012

Hi!

I have been looking on the forum for information on how to setup the runtime
(or "target platform") for Drools 5.3. I am unable to do it because I do not
seem to find where the bundles are.

I downloaded the Drools-OSGi-Bundles
(http://download.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/drools-osgi-bundles-distribution-5.3.0.Final.zip)
but those seem to be dependecy bundles. I am then assuming that the regular
distro jars
(http://download.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/drools-distribution-5.3.0.Final.zip)
have some of those jars as OSGI bundles (for example the knowledge API
does).

The integration doc though
(http://download.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/droolsjbpm-integration-distribution-5.3.0.Final.zip)
states that there are declarative services but I cannot find them.

Is there any place that documents the setup procedures to have Drools in an
OSGi environment (the above integration doc does not really give
instructions).

Thanks!