[rules-users] Concurrent rule fire

Zhuo Li milanello1998 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 11:35:25 EST 2012

Hi, folks,

My project will handle about 1.5 M transactions per hour using Drools and
the rules' fire are scheduled based on business operation cycle which might
happen a few times a day. Say if I need to fire the same rule set twice at
10:00 PM and midnight. What will happen if the first execution has not
completed till midnight? Will the 2nd execution be held up till the 1st is
completed? I would assume there might still be transactions inserted into
working memory between 10:00 PM and midnight although it is very few.

My understanding is Drools will enforce only one active thread is working
for the same "then" section for data consistency. Any thoughts?

Best

Abe