[rules-users] Drool Rest API Example

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 04:19:30 EST 2012

Wrong forum :).

If you want to invoke GUVNOR REST Services using java, I would recommend
you to use Apache Abdera. If you want to see some examples, you can take a
look at Guvnor's tests (specially those using Abdera :P):

   -
   https://github.com/droolsjbpm/guvnor/blob/master/guvnor-webapp-drools/src/test/java/org/drools/guvnor/server/jaxrs/AssetPackageResourceTest.java
   -
   https://github.com/droolsjbpm/guvnor/blob/master/guvnor-webapp-drools/src/test/java/org/drools/guvnor/server/jaxrs/BasicPackageResourceTest.java

If you want to use Grails, then I don't know :) But in the worst case,
invoking REST can be achieve by some simple steps in any platform:

   - Create a HTTP Request pointing to the REST method you want (read
   Guvnor's manual to see all the different URLs you have)
   - Invoke the Request
   - Read the Response
   - Parse the Response

Of course is much more helpful to have a library that already do all these
steps for you :)

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com