[rules-users] How to add Packages to RuleBase

srinivasasanda srinivasasanda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 07:37:16 EST 2012

Hi
     I wrote code for creating RuleBase. But I got error at retrieving URL
resource by passing ruleFile to the getResource() method.It is returning
null. How to get the URL resource. I posted the sample code which  i have
written for creating RuleBase.
public RuleBase createRuleBase() throws Exception
{
		if(rules==null)
		{
			throw new Exception("No rules provided for Engine");
		}

		ruleBase = RuleBaseFactory.newRuleBase();
		PackageBuilder builder = new PackageBuilder();

		for(String ruleFile : rules)
		{
                        System.out.println("Rule is "+ruleFile); //prints
the ruleFile
			URL resource = this.getClass().getResource(ruleFile); //gets the URL
resource of the ruleFile

			if(resource==null)
			{
				System.err.println("Could not find resource: "+ruleFile);
				continue;
			}

			File file = new File(this.getClass().getResource(ruleFile).getPath());
			if(!file.exists())
			{
				System.err.println("Could not find rule file: "+file.getPath());
				continue;
			}

			builder.addPackageFromDrl(new FileReader(file.getPath()));
		}

		org.drools.rule.Package pkg = builder.getPackage();
		ruleBase.addPackage(pkg);

		return ruleBase;
	}

My Packages are not adding to RuleBase.It is returning null.

How to add the packages to ruleBase.Please suggest me

Thanks