[rules-users] Rules for generating calendar events

sverker sverker at abrahamsson.com
Fri Jan 13 20:47:56 EST 2012

Hi
I have an application where I want to generate calendar events. Each event
will have an attached resource and people will be able to book themselves to
this event. The events are re-occuring in that they are on fixed time each
day/weekday etc, like "every friday 07:00 -12:00 unless holiday" or
something like that. The events shall be batch generated at beginning of
each month and put into a database. I want the rules that generate the
events to have some kind of DSL to be easily readable also for
non-technishians.

My question, would drools be a suitable tool for this task? I've been trying
to find examples on the above but couldn't find any.

/Sverker