[rules-users] Rules for generating calendar events

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 03:45:23 EST 2012

There is one sentence that lets me ask whether you understand the
workings of a rule based system: "...the rules that generate the events...".

The essential idea of a RBS is the *selection* of data ("facts") based on
its
attributes by conditions being evaluated over combinations of
data items. Then, as a secondary activity, the RBS may be instructed
to create additional facts.

Generating facts out of Nothing is not the forte of a RBS; I don't see how
you could write rules that generate "events" by deriving them out of - what?

Perhaps you could provide more background?

-W