[rules-users] Drools 5.3 on Glassfish

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 04:42:29 EST 2012

Op 13-01-12 17:58, Chris Selwyn schreef:
> I have just started looking at Drools 5.3 with a view to running the
> Guvnor on Glassfish.
> I have been using Drools 5.1 Guvnor on Glassfish 2.1 very happily for
> some time but I thought that I should look at upgrading.
> In fact, some time ago, I posted instructions here on how to setup
> authentication for Guvnor against a Glassfish realm.
>
> However, I notice that there are now different Guvnor binaries for
> several different ASs but that list does not include Glassfish.
Differences are minimal:
The Tomcat war has everything, the other wars leave out jars in
WEB-INF/lib that the app server already has and doesn't like being there.
> Since Glassfish 2.1 includes Tomcat as its JSP/Servlet container I have
> used the Tomcat version and on first inspection it appears to work.
That's great, thanks for the feed-back :)
The tomcat war also works on jetty. The documentation says to use the
tomcat war if there is no specific war.
Maybe we should rename the tomcat war to "generic" war.
> Have other users tried this combination? Did it work/not work for you?
>
> Chris

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet