[rules-users] ClassCastException when KnowledgeAgent loads declared type

lhorton LHorton at ABCLegal.com
Tue Jan 17 23:33:37 EST 2012

Thank you, Davide.  This is not a critical bug for my shop so I don't wish to
force a JIRA when other Drools work might be more important.

My workaround so far is just to rename the declared class if I have to
hot-deploy, that way there are no conflicts.

I tried to separate the declared class from the drl but did not have
success.   I tried putting the declaration into its own drl with a different
package name, but the drl file that used the declared class, even when
including an import for the package name with declared class name, did not
find the declared class.  I have not had time to troubleshoot this. Have you
done it with success?  We don't use Guvnor; instead we have drl and xls
files loaded with a change set.

No need to spend a lot of time on this, it is not critical for us, but if
you have any more insights I would be happy to hear them.