[rules-users] ClassCastException when KnowledgeAgent loads declared type

lhorton LHorton at ABCLegal.com
Wed Jan 18 17:24:36 EST 2012

I was able to create a working unit test for the workaround of moving the
declared type out of the rules file and into a different package; but when I
deployed this change on my server, the files loaded ok the first time, but
again I ran into trouble when I would redeploy the base rules file.  This
time I got an error when the knowledge agent tried to load the package:

WARN  2012-01-18 14:15:03,416 [com.abclegal.rules.server.RulesServiceImpl] -
KnowledgeAgent has KnowledgeBuilder errors  object=Unable to resolve
ObjectType 'TransgressionMetaData' : [Rule name='Remedy Transgressions ']

Which looks like another symptom of the same bug.  I will see if I can test
for the bug with 5.4 when I get a chance.