[rules-users] Fusion historical data analysis

MartinSimo simo.fora at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:17:16 EST 2012

Dear drools Users

I'd like to evaluate drools for our next project, thus a newbie.

Trying to write a rule, which hits, if a threshold is reached 3 times in 100
seconds.

having:
kpi1 -- representing the timestamp of the event (as data are read from DB)
and kpi2 where the actual value is.

having rule:
@expires( 200s )
@timestamp( kpi1 )

$arrayList : ArrayList( size > 3) from collect(
  LogEntry ( $kpi2 : kpi2 > 0.10) over window:time( 100s ) )

I have a test set of kpi2 20x each 5s over 0.1 and then 50x each 5s below
0.1.
The first time the rule hits its correct (after the first 3 ticks kpi2>0.1)
but it continues to hit till the end of the test set, even if the 100s
window didn't have any>0.1.
As I understood the @expires should have wiped the old data out of the
working mem. (tried to set @expire( 2s), but with same result)

Do I miss something?

Deployed in Jboss 5.1.0ga ESB 4.10, drools 5.2.0)

any help is appreciated

Martin