[rules-users] Guvnor Global Area Usage Restirictions

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 06:16:56 EST 2012

On 2012/1/28 7:00, domingo wrote:
> I imported some pakages into Guvnor and I want to put it into Global Area.
> The following are my observation...
> 1. Import action create new package into *'Packages' *section do not have
> option like want to put *Global Area* or *Packages*.
> 2. After import into Packages I want to move the packages to Global Area but
> package level is not possible.
Hi, the global area itself is actually a special package whose assets
can be shared among packages. The idea is to encourage users to reuse
common assets across packages. Thus I do not see it is a valid case to
import packages into the Global area or move packages into the global area.
> 3. To move my  rules files into Global area..I have to open the individual
> rules then only Edit menu shows the Promote to Global option.
>
> If I have 20 or 30 rules in the package I have to the same thing 30 times.
> It is very timetaking and think not good idea. what happen If have 30
> packages and each package having 30 rules.
Yes, a "bulk promote" function will be helpful. Please raise a jira for
this. Thanks. As a side note, I doubt you will run into a scenario where
you need to promote 30X30 assets to the Global area. Please remember,
the Global area should only contain assets that are designed to shared
among all packages.

Cheers,
Jervis