[rules-users] Migrating from 4.0.7 to 5.4.0.Final

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:44:59 EDT 2012

It seems that the problems reported by the OP are mostly (if not all)
related to building KnowledgePackages from DRL files. Drools has been
through several 5.x versions with (among others) many extensions to
the DRL language, so some increase in resource consumption is to be
expected.

Most production scenarios, however, use the recommended practice of
runs.

Does the reported increase in execution times ("2-3 times slower")
relate to rule execution only, without compiling? If I understand the
OPs statement correctly, this increase was observed after the patch
reducing PermGen space.

-W