[rules-users] Performance issue

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:20:23 EDT 2012

Not sure that I understand what you are saying or asking.

Is the update of the Java bean done in Drools? What request?

Anyway, lets assume we have this updated Java bean and it needs to be
processed by rules. Again, I assume that it is to be processed by just
one out of the three rules files. Then you have two options.

(a) You can build three different KnowledgeBases from each of the
three DRL Files, create three sessions and insert the bean into the
appropriate session.

(b) Simpler handling is achieved by defining three agenda groups,
according to the DRL files, and by building a single KnowledgeBase, so
that you have one session. Before you insert the Java bean, set the
focus to the appropriate agenda group, and then fireAllRules.

-W