[rules-users] Drools scalability (performance) in numbers.

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 14:10:52 EDT 2012

On 11 July 2012 16:34, skatta1986 <shivaprasad_gdk at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please can any one help me out in finding the Drools performance. I wanted
> to know its scalabilty.
>
> What is the Drools Maximum capacity (No. of Facts/second) in Complex Event
> Processing w.r.t any particular Hardware/OS.

Facts/second when doing what with a fact?
Insert? Against how many rules? Rules of what complexity? Including the
firing of rules?
With consequences taking how much time? With or without the insertion of
derived facts?
Both insert and retract? ...?

A simple benchmark according to your basic scenario and run on the system of
your choice is indicated. Anything else is rather pointless.