[rules-users] Planner - IntConstraintOccurrence not being retracted

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 04:20:13 EDT 2012

1) If you haven't already, enable environmentMode TRACE (or DEBUG if it
takes a while to occur),
that will check for statefull memory corruptions. If it runs ok with
that on, it's probably a user bug, otherwise it could be a drools bug.

2) What version of drools are you using?

3) Are you aware of the "causes" parameter in the
IntConstraintOccurrence's constructor and its usage?
It's used in the equals/hashcode part of the *ConstraintOccurrence,
which is used by the insertLogical()'s semantics in Drools Expert.
Look for the section on insertLogical in the Drools Expert manual.

Op 13-07-12 23:41, Garf schreef:
> I've been building a prototype similar to CloudBalancing.
> I've got IntConstraintOccurrence objects being inserted via insertLogical()
> through my rules.
>
> For some reason, I don't think these are being retracted as expected -- the
> count() of accumulated IntConstraintOccurrence's ramps up to 10x what I
> expected to be (and the sum of weights is similarly 10x what I expect).
>
> Also -- I have enabled Drools debugging, but I don't see the Audit Logs.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Jon

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet