[rules-users] Simple Global Error !!

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:09:19 EDT 2012

On 16/07/2012, Esteban Aliverti <esteban.aliverti at gmail.com> wrote:
> No matter the type of a variable or whether it is inmutable or not, if you
> reassign a variable inside a method you are not going to see that change
> outside the method.

void method(){
   x += 1;
}

If x is a class member, the change remains.

If x is a static class field, the change remains.

> Each method in java receives a copy of the variable
> (pointing to the same object of course) we are passing.

If you are talking about the implementation of consequences in DRL,
this may be so; but it isn't a necessity to be implemented in this
way. In particular, the Expert documentation doesn't raise any "red
flags" along these lines.