[rules-users] Drools-Guvnor integration with Webshere- Exception during startup...Please help!!!

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 06:22:04 EDT 2012

My advice: start from scratch:
Download guvnor-distribution-5.4.0.Final.zip, unzip it, take the tomcat6
war and deploy it to webshere.
It will probably crash as Websphere doesn't allow to deploy certain
jars: the question is which jars. (I don't know which ones).
Look at the exception message and remove the offending jar, then try
again (loop this until all offending jars are gone).

When you're done, please give us feed-back by telling here on the list
which jars need to be cut from the generic war (= tomcat 6 war) in order
to deploy on websphere.

For jboss 7 we already have an assembly in place which removes the jars
that need to be cut:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/guvnor/blob/master/guvnor-distribution-wars/src/main/assembly/assembly-guvnor-jboss-as-7_0.xml#L19
A pull request for such a webpshere assembly is welcome.

Op 18-07-12 16:25, Ravikiran schreef:
> Hi Joffrey,
>
> I have downloaded the distribution shows Drools-guvnor 5.3.0, but when i see
> the Guvnor version from web UI (Adminstration-->About) it shows the version
> as SNAPSOT 5.4.0. Now i too suspect that my Guvnor is of version 5.4.0 only,
> that's why all those errors were coming.
>
> I feel that you have understood the problem now, please tell me what should
> i do to resolve this. If i required to add any new jar files, please also
> let me know the location to download them as well. Because i didn't get any
> related information on internet for this issue so far...you are the only
> hope!
>
> Thanks a lot...

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet