[rules-users] Drools-expert: Memory Leak with org.mvel2.MVELRuntime

jsoula jsoula.liste at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 08:34:20 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am using Drools Expert v5.30 with mvel-2.1.0-drools4.jar.

In my program, i run drools in a specific classloader (child first
urlClassloader) and i maybe detect a memory Leak with the class
org.mvel2.MVELRuntime.

In the method resetDebugger, the content of the threadLocal is never set to
null, so i have a reference in the main thread to this instance.
After call debuggerContext.set(null) with the magic of instropection, the
memory leak disappear (and i can reload my specific classloader).

Is this bug already checked? (I have scan google with no result)
Does it concerns drools or mvel?
For what this class is useful?

Thanks for help

Jérémy SOULA