[rules-users] sending string and list of string as parameter in Drools decision table

debchamps majumdar.debarghya at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 05:37:17 EDT 2012

Thanks a lot :) It worked.

Another thing I was wondering whether we could do with decision table..

I have a list xlist List<X>;

class X {
String a;
String b;
List<String> cList;
}

Condition     Action                Action                    Action
$1=$1
                 a1                         b1                        1,2,4
                 a2                         b1                        2,3,7

So if  both the condition satisfies I would want to have the Xlist having
two entry

X(a1,b1,(1,2,4)) and X(a2,b1,(2,3,7))

The main challenge is how to combine all the action as all the the action
will update same object
but at some point we want to insert the object into list and there will be
more than one element in the list.
The reason I do not want to keep a1,b1,1,2,4 in same cell is it defeats the
purpose of keeping in excel for making it usable by the business. (and also
it is not clear)