[rules-users] Changset Authentication through code

Welsh, Armand AWelsh at statestreet.com
Mon Jul 23 18:58:53 EDT 2012

As a follow-up, this is how we do it:

   public void loadKnowledgeAgent(String packageName)
   {
      final String sourceMethod = "loadKnowledgeAgent";

      KnowledgeAgentConfiguration aconf = KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgentConfiguration();
      aconf.setProperty("drools.agent.scanDirectories", "true");
      aconf.setProperty("drools.agent.scanResources", "true");
      aconf.setProperty("drools.agent.newInstance", "true");
      aconf.setProperty("monitorChangeSetEvents", "true");
      try
      {
         if (packageName == null)
            return;

         String xml = getDroolsChangeSet(packageName);

         if (xml == null || xml.isEmpty())
         {
            log.severe("Could not load Drools Package: " + packageName);
            return;
         }

         xml = xml.replace("type='PKG'", "type='PKG' basicAuthentication='enabled' " + "username='" + getDroolsUid() + "' password='"
            + getDroolsPwd() + "'");
         xml = xml.replace(" http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-api/src/main/resources/"
            + "change-set-1.0.0.xsd", "");

         KnowledgeBase kBase = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase();
         KnowledgeAgent kAgent = KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgent(packageName, kBase, aconf);
         StringReader sr = new StringReader(xml);
         try
         {
            log.info("Adding Package: " + packageName);
            final org.drools.io.Resource resource = ResourceFactory.newReaderResource(sr);

            if (resource == null)
              log.severe("\n\n\n    Package " + packageName + " cannot init ReaderResource.\n\n\n" + xml + "\n\n\n");

            kAgent.applyChangeSet(resource);
            kAgent.addEventListener(new AgentEventListener(packageName));

            kAgents.put(packageName, kAgent);
            setRuleColumns(packageName);

         }
         finally
         {
            sr.close();
         }
      }
      catch (Throwable e)
      {
         log.throwing(sourceClass, sourceMethod, e);
         mail.throwing("Error processing package: " + packageName, e);
      }
   }

Since you are already downloading the ChangeSet.xml yourself, I left that code out.  getDroolsChangeSet() is the function we use to download the changeset xml, and return it as a string.  We don't bother with an xml parser to change the changeset, we just use a simple string replacement since we don't have any scenarios in our environment where we would need to use an XML parser to do this.

This is very old code, so there is probably a better way now.