[rules-users] java.lang.NullPointerException at org.drools.reteoo.ReteooFactHandleFactory.newFactHandle(ReteooFactHandleFactory.java:56)

Carolina Pellecchia carolina.pellecchia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 04:34:04 EDT 2012

>>If there is an insert() call in
>>org.tass.utils.ExpertSystemManager.java in line 156 then *this* is
>>where the insert occurs, not the insert() in the rule.

org.tass.utils.ExpertSystemManager.java is our class and the source code is
this:

153.         *public* *void* insertObservation(String entryPoint,
Observation obs) {

154.                 *try* {

155.                     *if*(entryPoints.containsKey(entryPoint)) {

156.                         entryPoints.get(entryPoint).insert(obs);

157.

158.                         ksession.fireAllRules();

159.                     }

160.                 }

161.                 *catch* (Exception e) {

162.                     logger.error(e, e);

163.                 }

164.             }

>>Where is org.tass.utils coming from?

Where is org.tass.utils coming from? it is our class.

>>It's still a mystery to me how it's possible to have a stack trace
>>element from NamedEntryPoint.java line 48 - there's no code in this
>>line.

I agree, at the line 48 there isn't code. It would seem that "Drools 5.3.0
final" has different binary and  source code.

>>There is another mystery : why this is working when getting rules from a
DRL file and not from Guvnor ...
>>Did you add the POJO model into the Guvnor's package ?

Yes, I did.

>>But if this is it, package compilation should raise a compilation error

The package compilation is ok.

>>What is sure is that the problem does not comes from the rules, as the
stack trace shows an "insert" call outside the rules, otherwise there would
be a >>reteoo...ConsequenceInvocator (something like that) before ..

yes, It is sure

>>And a last question : is "org.tass.utils.ExpertSystemManager" a class
from you, or does it take place into another third-party framework (that
could use a >>different or modified version of drools).

org.tass.utils.ExpertSystemManager.java is our class. We aren't using
third-party
framework.

Thank you

Carolina