[rules-users] Slow compilation (4h) for a single rule

fx242 drools at fx242.com
Tue Jul 24 09:29:20 EDT 2012

I understand that the rule looks pointless and under-optimized, but it's the
only way I could represent this kind of rule in an automated way (I didn't
write the rule by hand). Basically with these rules I try to pre-compute the
amount of some products on the WM (using count() inside a accumulate
function) resulting in a Number(), and then on the last condition I evaluate
some arbitrary arithmetic operation using the variables inside the Number()
object.
For more details for examples see my previous post where I've tried to
address this issue:
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/drools-arithmetics-without-eval-td3823232.html

So, considerations apart of the way the rule is written, I still think there
is a bug or something similar on the RETE compiler, that causes this rule to
be processed in a very expensive way. Can someone confirm this, and try to
sugest an alternative? Maybe It's something that is already fixed on newer
versions as sugested by Esteban?

Regards,
Tiago Lopes