[rules-users] Using global variable in DRL file

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:48:47 EDT 2012

Try reading the Drools Expert User Guide section about the use of Globals :)

Globals are not Facts to be reason in the Left-Hand-Side (WHEN) part of a
rule.

Either use the Global (assuming it contains static data) and initialize it
correctly from within Java code (see the User Guide) or insert it as a Fact
and reason with it.

With kind regards,

Mike