[rules-users] Guvnor: Accessing Bound Variable in "Then" Statement

Vann_the_Red abanks at ntelx.com
Thu Jul 26 15:42:59 EDT 2012

Hello.  I started with a search and didn't find an answer.  I apologize if my
search-fu was lacking today.

I'm a non-developer tasked with rules creation and testing using guvnor.  I
have found some scenarios where I can bind a variable to either the whole
input model or a fact in the input model and then later access those in the
output model by selecting "Bound Variable" from the popup box in the Then
statement.  In other scenarios, "Bound Variable" is not an option (only
Literal or Formula).  What must I do to be able to access the bound
variables from the When statement(s) in the Then statement(s)?

TIA,

Vann

This is a repost because I wasn't on the mailing list yet and I gather most
didn't see it.  Apologies again.