[rules-users] Drools Decision Table, multiple actions accumulation

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 03:11:19 EDT 2012

On 04/06/2012, FrankVhh <frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is a small remark/comment that pops into my head when reading this.
> Giving the effort that has already been spent on the issue, this might come
> a bit late to you, but whatever...
>
> Wouldn't it also be possible to keep your excel decision table exactly the
> way it originally was (everything in one column) and then exploit the excel
> capabilities?
>
> I.e.
> 1) Insert two extra columns (one for the key, one for the value).
> 2) Do not annotate them with CONDIITION!

I guess you mean ACTION.

> 3) Create a function in your initial column that would compose the value of
> the two new columns.

I haven't tried it either, but I'd think that the API accessing the
spreadsheet would have to return the formula rather than the value
computed from it.

And, IIRC, if the additional columns aren't headed with one of
CONDITION, ACTION,... they'd stop access by the spreadsheet parser. So
they would have to be the rightmost columns, which might not be
convenient in general.

-W