[rules-users] @PropertyReactive optimizations broken when using 'this' keyword

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:57:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

this is not a bug, but it is just working as we expected. Actually we had a
few doubts while deciding how to deal with 'this' but in the end we chose to
listen to all fields in that case, even because we cannot determine what
fields are checked in the equals(...) method.

Moreover you have the full freedom of redefining more precisely (and with a
complete awareness of how your domain objects are made) the listened
properties using the @watch annotation as you already did. Indeed we
introduced that further annotation since we already knew we couldn't cover
automatically all the edge cases like this.

Regards,
Mario