[rules-users] BigDecimal comparison

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Sun Jun 10 15:50:39 EDT 2012

Done a little test using 3 approachs (with new BigDecimal(-12.321)), all are working:

rule "test big decimal 1"
when
	Pojo(bigDecimal < 0.0)
then
	System.out.println("test big decimal 1");
end

rule "test big decimal 2"
when
	Pojo(bigDecimal.doubleValue < 0.0)
then
	System.out.println("test big decimal 2");
end

rule "test big decimal 3"
when
	Pojo(bigDecimalValue < 0.0) // with
then
	System.out.println("test big decimal 3");
end

with a wrapper method for the 3rd rule :

        public Double getBigDecimalValue() {
		if (bigDecimal == null) {
			return null;
		} else {
			return bigDecimal.doubleValue();
		}
	}

Your problem come from somewhere else (other conditions, wrong number in your object, missing import, too old version ...)