[rules-users] Guvnor: Dependent Enumeration loosing value

Sandjaja, Dominik dominik.sandjaja at it-motive.de
Fri Jun 15 10:26:15 EDT 2012

Hi everybody,

I use the advanced, dependent enumeration concepts of the Guvnor DSL as
explained here (second part):
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Final/drools-guvnor-docs/html
/ch04.html#d0e1887

In principle, this works fine: I get my values in the dropdown fields
just fine, e.g. when using the following DSL sentence:

[when]In the module {module:ENUM:Enums.BooleanModules} the checkbox for
the field {field:ENUM:Enums.BooleanField} is checked={module} (
{field}Visible && {field} )

When everything works, the {field} is filled, depending on the selected
value in {module}.

BUT: If I create such a rule, close it, open it again, the following DRL
is generated (given that {module} has the value MODULE:

 MODULE ( Visible && )

As you can see, the value for {field} is missing at all! If I change
something somewhere else in the rule and save it, the rule is invalid
and everything breaks!

I have no idea where to look as there are no errors when saving or
something?

Thanks
Dominik