[rules-users] How to write a Heuristic Knowledge in Drools Expert?

Daniel Souza danieldsouza15 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 02:21:18 EDT 2012

Today I was reading the book Expert System Principle and Programming and I
noticed a view point about *Knowledge Domain*:

/"A pratical limitation of many expert systems today is lack of *casual
knowledge*. That is, the expert systems do not have an understanding of the
underlying causes and effects in a system. It's much easier to program
expert systems with *shallow knowledge* based on empirical and heuristic
knowledge than with *deep knowledge* based on the basic structures,
functions, and behaviors of objects. For example, it's much easier to
program an expert system to prescribe an aspirin for a person's headache
than to program all the underlying biochemical, physiological, anatomical,
and neurological knowledge about human body..."/ In my case bioinformatics.
/"One type of shallow knowledge is *heuristic knowledge*."/

Should I use drools planning instead just drools expert? I know that drools
planning use heuristic to score the planning problem.

Daniel Souza