[rules-users] Drools Number to String Coercion Issue

gqmulligan gqmulligan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:19:25 EDT 2012

laune wrote

> Using 5.4.0, you get
>    Integer - int
>    Integer - string
>    String - int
>    String - string
> but with 5.3.0 it is
>    Integer - int
>    String - string
>
> HTH
> -W

Thank you very much for the helpful example!  I am in fact using Drools
5.3.1.  Was type coercion not implemented in that version, at least to the
extent it was in 5.4?

In the documentation for 5.3.0 Final it gives the example of comparing a
person's age to a string as follows:
Person( age == "10" ) // "10" is coerced to 10.

However, according to what I have found and also your findings it looks like
drools is not trying to coerce the value.