[rules-users] simple subtraction in drools 5.3 fires rules

gqmulligan gqmulligan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:39:40 EDT 2012

I am very sorry for all of my nonsense.  My Drools was for some reason having
an issue with the ruleflow-group and after I removed it my first rule
behaved as yours and fired when it shouldn't have.

I know you are probably just going to stick with version 5.4 but if you put
a space between the "-" and the number so your rule looks as follows:

rule "DummyRule"
  when
        d1 : Dummy()
        d2 : Dummy(y2 == d1.y1, (x1 == (d1.x2 - 150) || x2 == (d1.x2 -
150)))
    then
        System.out.println("Rule DummyTest fired");
end

it should work in Drools 5.3 (At least for me it did).