[rules-users] Does Guvnor Support Traits?

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 17:52:13 EDT 2012

"Experimental" means it has not been tested thoroughly yet, so it might be
subject to improvements and even some language changes. Also, it means that
the docs are really lacking! :) (shame on me!).

I have never tried to use traits in guvnor yet, but my first impression is
that you don't really need
anything special. All the type declarations are managed with annotations,
and the rules are transparent.

1) Consider that
"declare trait X"
can also be written
"declare X @kind(trait)"

2) "donning" is a RHS action, you'd just need to write a "free" action

3) Trait types are compiled into interfaces, so you can just use them in the
LHS exactly in the same way you'd use a declared class - i.e. to write
patterns!.

Feel free to contact me for feedback/bugs/requests/questions and let me know
if you want to get involved!
Best
Davide
dsotty at gmail.com