[rules-users] Support for dynamic / ad-hoc queries in Drools

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:13:03 EDT 2012

On 28/06/2012, jpullmann <jaroslav.pullmann at fit.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>> Users, however, will expect to have the same situation for the "ad-hoc
>> query" as for all rules and queries built for the KnowledgBase from
>> which the called Session has been spawned
>
> Indeed, though there is a link from the session back to the parsed KB
> it is unaware of the builder and its configuration. The builder is a
> mandatory parameter for a method, that would correctly be scoped
> in the StatelessKnowledgeSession interface.

I'm not sure what you want to express with the last sentence.

But even when you have an identically configured builder, it doesn't
contain declared types or functions.

And then there is the use case where building a KB and running
sessions from it are done in different programs, with a serialized KB.

-W