[rules-users] Drools-Camel Server > Commands in separate jar?

Nicholas Hemley nhemley at scottlogic.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 11:41:24 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have made a Drools Client that connects to the Drools-Camel Server using XML generated from the Command objects.

However, when I deploy my client (to ServiceMix) it has a dependency on drools-core (since the Commands are in this project), thus I have to include quite a few unnecessary transitive dependencies.

Would it be an idea for the Commands to be split into a separate 'drools-common' project (with jar artifact) to avoid this?

I suppose one option for me is to export them from drools-core and construct this jar myself...

Cheerio,
Nic