[rules-users] ResourceCompilationFailedEvent - when does it happen, and why?

Gustaf Cele gustaf.cele at databyran.se
Fri Jun 29 04:59:07 EDT 2012

I'm trying to understand what KnowledgeAgentEventListener. resourceCompilationFailed signifies, and when it occurs. The javadocs don't say anything, and it's not entirely obvious from looking at the code what causes it. Suppose I have KnowledgeAgent with newInstance=true and initialized with a changeset which links to a Guvnor instance like this:

<change-set >
    <add>
         <resource type="PKG"
             source="http://guvnor-host/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/package/com.example.rules/LATEST" />
    </add>
</change-set>

Just throwing syntax errors into the rules in Guvnor obviously doesn't work, since I can't even build the binary package then. Is there any way to provoke this event with the above setup, so I can see how it affects my application? I'm using Drools 5.4.0.Final.